The Matrix Virtual Race is the perfect opportunity for you to continue to work on your training and to celebrate your work towards your personal fitness goals. Participating in a virtual race is a great way to motivate each other while respecting social distancing while we wait for it to be safe to run or bike in large groups again. And just added - you can swim! Run or walk your choice of a 1-mile, 5k, 10k, or half marathon, bike 5, 12, 24, or 50 miles, or Swim .5, 1.2, or 2.4 miles anytime between Thursday June 25th and Sunday June 28th.
Animal shelters and rescue groups are some of the organizations that have been hit hard financially by the covid-19 pandemic. The purpose of this virtual run is help raise money for these organizations. You will be able to select which Animal Shelter or rescue group that will receive $10 of your registration fee. If one you favor isn't listed, you'll be able to select Other and enter the one you want to support.
Run/Walk: 1 Mile, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon
Bike: 5 Miles, 12 miles, 24 miles, 50 miles
Swim: .5 Miles/800 Meters, 1.2 miles, 2.4 miles
Anywhere! Trail, road, open water swim cross country style – your choice. Preferably outdoors, but your treadmill, bike trainer, or favorite pool works too.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Sign up online - choose your distance and the animal shelter or rescue group you want to support.
2. Register by June 16th and your bib, shirt, and finisher medal will be shipped to you by Monday June 22nd.
3. Register after June 16th and your bib and finisher medal will be sent after you register but your shirt will be sent after the second printing post June 28th.
4. You do not have to wait for your swag to arrive to complete your race.
5. Run, bike, or swim your race anytime between Thursday June 25th and Sunday June 28th.
6. Join the official Matrix Virtual Race Facebook group where you can post your thoughts, encouragement, and any photos of your race. of you with your race swag, or of your pet.
7. Results must be posted by 8 PM June 28th. Go to FLTResults.com starting June 25th, find your race and click on Upload Results, confirm you first and last name, age, and email address, enter your time, and upload an image of your watch, GPS, or bicycle computer.
THE ANIMAL SHELTERS
Adams County Animal Shelter & Adoption Center - Brighton
Animal Friends Alliance - Fort Collins
Colorado Puppy Rescue - Denver
Denver Dumb Friends League
Evergreen Animal Protective League
Foothills Animal Shelter - Golden
Humane Society of Boulder Valley
Humane Society of the South Platte Valley - Englewood/Littleton
Larimer Humane Society - Loveland
Longmont Humane Society
No Kill Animal Shelters - nationwide, to help you find a shelter in your area
You will also be able to choose Other and enter a shelter or rescue group that is important to you.
Run or bike your virtual race between Thursday June 25th and Sunday June 28th. Use your watch, GPS, bicycle computer, or mapmyrun.com on your phone to track your race. Once you have completed your race, you can enter your results with an image of your watch or GPS, to the The Matrix Virtual Race on our results website, FLTResults.com. On June 28th after 8 PM, you'll be able to print your finisher certificate. We invite you to share any photos of your race on our Facebook Matrix Virtual Race Group page.
PARTICIPANT SAFETY & ETIQUETTE
- Avoid crowded routes - choose a less busy time of day
- Be sure to keep - and allow others to have - a six foot distance.
- Wear a mask! You are exercising, thus breathing harder. The water vapor you exhale (with germs and virus) can carry 20 feet or more. Do your neighbors a solid and protect them and wear a mask.
Through June 16th: $35 (no additional fee for online registration)
June 17th - 28th: $40 (no additional fee for online registration)