RACE TIMING SERVICES - SET YOUR EVENT APART
We offer a variety of services and can put together a timing and finish line plan to meet your race's needs. We believe we offer a more complete set of timing services than the average timing company. Our goal is to develop long-term partnerships with the races we work with. Your race's success is our success.
Download our brochure (PDF).
Services included for all races:
- Multiple start and finish line equipment options to give your race a professional look, electronic race clock, Printed results posting stand
- Online race calendar includes the races we work with
- Dedicated page on our website for each race with the race information and link to online registration
- Online registration set up for no additional charge with our preferred vendor GetMeRegistered.com
- Race promotion via our online race calendar and twice monthly emails during the race season to our growing distribution list
- Easy-to-read results reports for use in awards ceremony
- Live streaming of the finish line to our YouTube channel included for chip timing and cross country meets; optional for tag pull timed races.
- Live results on FLTResults.com (provided good cell phone coverage is available); includes Overall, Category, Individual, and Searchable Results posted on our attractive and easy to navigate website
- Results kiosks with personalized race results ticket printed for each participant
- Email with unofficial results sent to participants shortly after they cross the finish line
- Ability to register to share results via email with friends and family
- Finisher Certificates available for printing
- Each finisher can see 10 - 15 second video of their finish
- Pre-race email sent to participants with timing instructions, and a post-race email to let them know the race results have been posted online AND with their personalized results
- Race Director since 2005 so a helpful resource
Basic Chip Timed Finish Line
Disposable Chip Timing with MyLaps BibTag System
Chip timing systems require that athletes wear a small, lightweight chip that uniquely identifies them as they cross strategically placed, electronic mats. In its most basic and common form, chip timing electronically handles the task of collecting and processing results at the end of the race. We use the MyLaps BibTag system which offers three chip options: BibTags, Multisports bands, and Seat post tags.
BibTags are for running races. The small, lightweight chip is attached to the back of the bibs, so distribution is very easy, and, nothing needs to be collected at the finish. No tracking down runners who didn’t return their chips, and no extra fees for replacing those missing chips. Runners wear the bib unobstructed on their chest and our equipment does the rest.
Multisports bands are lightweight foam bands that go around a participant’s ankles. These are perfect for open water swims, triathlons, and mud runs.
Seat Post tags are for bicycle races.
MyLaps is considered the most reliable system with a read rate approaching 99.8%. Races like The Boston Marathon, Chicago Marathon, and BolderBoulder are using the MyLaps system. You can learn more about the technology at MyLaps.com.
Additional services and options for Chip Timing:
- Backup timing using TimeMachines
- Bibs packed in envelopes with printed instructions; can have safety pins included for small additional cost
- Upload results to TFRRS for collegiate meets
- Additional mats/decoders for the start for Net Times if start is in different location than finish
- Splits and/or transition zone times for triathlons
- Announcer mats so race announcer can call out names of finishers
Tag Pull Timing
Tag-pull timing is a manual timing method that was used before chip timing equipment was invented. It utilizes a timing computer (we use TimeMachines), and tags that are part of the bibs. As each runner and walker crosses the finish, a time is entered in the TimeMachine which is then transmitted to our laptop and timing software. The finishers are kept in the order they crossed the finish line all the way to the end of the runner chute, where the tags on the bibs are pulled and put on a stringer in the order participants finished. The tags are scanned into the timing software and are matched, in order, to the finish times collected by the TimeMachine to provide the results. Benefits of this method are it is less expensive, and the results can be produced just about as fast as chip timing for small races.
Tag-Pull Finish Line with Staked Finish Banner Structure
EQUIPMENT RENTAL & ENHANCED SERVICES
- Inflatable Arch
- Mileage markers, directional arrows, "Race in Progress" signs, traffic cones
- PA System and Race Announcing
FLTRESULTS.COM - LIVE RESULTS AND MORE
Our new results page, FLTResults.com,provides many services to race directors and participants:
- Live race results on the web updated during the race (provided cell coverage is available)
- Detailed results making it easier for participants to compared their results to others.
- The ability for participants to print out a Finishers Certificate
- Runners can view themselves crossing the finish line on our finish line video posted on our YouTube channel (when available)
- Ability for participants to easily share their results on Facebook and Twitter (which also promotes your race)
- Demographic data of interest to race directors
RESULTS KIOSK: FLT RACE TICKET - INDIVIDUALIZED PRINTED RACE RESULTS
To get personalized results to your runners faster, we have created the FLT Race Results Ticket software. Individual runners can come to the timing table at the finish, give us their bib number, and we will print out a ticket that has their personal race results. Each ticket will have your race logo, the name, location, and date of your race, the runner's name, and their complete results including their time, pace, overall place, Division place (gender and age group), and their Gender place.
Runner Getting Her Results Ticket and Live Results Monitor
FLT RACE REGISTRATION
FLT Race Registration is not online registration - there are already plenty of options. FLT Race Registration a stand alone program that takes the place of registration forms filled out by hand. This program is ideal for races that have pre-race expos or bib pickup where registrations are taken. Runners register on one of our laptops and then print out a race customized race registration form complete with your waiver. The participant signs the form and take it to your team to pay and collect their assigned bib. This eliminates the need to decipher poor handwriting AND having to and data entry. Contact us for details.
We are happy to set up your online registration - for no additional charge. We use GetMeRegistered.com. The fees they pass on to the runners are more reasonable, plus they don't fill up the registration process trying to sell your participants magazines, etc. And most importantly, they do not sell your participants contact information to other businesses and races. Their user-face is user friendly for both the participant AND the race director, with multiple report options.